Kitchens are an integral part of a home and is where meals are cooked. You probably also bring friends and family in here and this is where you have your breakfasts and lunches.
You want it to be a space that you can be proud of, whether it be really big or small. There all kinds of ways you can design a kitchen and work with the size of the space you have. Here are some great ideas you can use:
- Add cabinets and cupboards to maximize the amount of storage space in your kitchen. You will want spaces to store spices, cups, plates, etc. The more storage space you have, the less clutter you have in your kitchen.
- Open shelves can also be a good idea and help make a small kitchen seem more open. Too many cupboard and cabinets may make it seem too cramped or make it seem smaller than it actually is.
- Lattice doors on cabinets are also a great idea if you want to use cabinets but are bored of solid, wood doors.
- Don’t forget about cabinet knobs!
- You don’t always have to stick to light colors to make a room feel larger if your kitchen is small. For example, you can paint your kitchen a dark color and then have a light trim so that it makes the walls appear to have more depth.
- Backsplashes can also make your room appear bigger if they look like mirrors. This happens because they reflect back.
- If you want to make your room taller, you can raise the ceiling.